What Does Your Business Look Like In Google?
You only get one chance to make a great first impression. What kind of impression are you making with your description on the SERP? First, let's find out just what a SERP is.
What is a SERP?
SERP stands for search engine results page. It's what you get when you type something into your search engine and press enter. As anyone who has every tried to find something via a search engine knows, a SERP can have many different things. While there are other things that may appear on a SERP such as images, maps, definitions, etc., it basically contains three principal elements:
- the search query contained within a query box
- the organic SERP results
- sponsored SERP results (Search engine results page, 2016)
What should be a page title's basic elements?
There are certain key principles that you should adhere to when you consider your page title. Your business listing in Google needs to stand out. After all, your page title determines how you will be seen (or not seen) on the SERP.
- Your page title should have no more than 55 characters.
- You shouldn't repeat the same keyword more than once.
- Make sure that the name of your business is in your title.
- Your keyword should be strategically placed toward the beginning of the Page Title.
- Do not use all caps. The correct formatting would be Title Font Structure (First Letter of Each Word Capital).
What should the SERP description of your business look like?
Once you have your page title arranged properly, it's time to turn to your attention to the description on the SERP. To make sure that your business listing in Google catches the eye here are some things to consider.
- The keyword should be used only once in your description.
- Your descriptions should be approximately 150 characters.
- Make sure that your description makes people want to click on it.
- HTML tags should not be used; text only.
- You should write the way you were taught in school. In other words, paragraph structure (First letter of each sentence capital). DO NOT USE ALL CAPS!
Running your B&B should be your top priority. Let InnKeeper's Advantage handle making sure your business listing in Google is seen to its best advantage. Click the button below and schedule a demo of Innkeeper’s Advantage to see how it can work for you!